Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Trip to the Lowcountry

Cindy and I spent Easter weekend with my parents and sister at their home in the Lowcountry of South Carolina. They live on the shore of Lake Marion, S.C. The area is famous for wildlife and fishing. Dad took us to the national wildlife refuge, huge protected area that is mostly swamps, creeks, and fields.



The refuge is home to many alligators, some reaching lengths of over 20 feet! We went looking for some, and another group of watchers helped us find some...


The following series was shot in sequence. I happened to be focusing on a group of gators when one moved, and then STRUCK!






Cindy got a great portrait of my dad and I...



I got some of the old man doing some kind of "old folks" aerobics...






I found out that he and Cindy were sharing a laugh at the gyrations I go through while changing lenses...


The "ugliest tree"...

The next morning, we went to Taw Caw creek park with Bella.



And two of my most favorite people in the world...




---Sam

1 comment: