Thursday, February 19, 2009

One Man's Junk...

Is of course another man's treasure. Sort of a double themed blog today. I just purchased a new Sigma 24 - 70 zoom lens and just had to try it out. Even though it is the "pro" grade of the Sigma line, some photogs would never be seen with it on their camera (as it is a third party product). For them, it's the name brand or nothing. I take a more practical approach. I figure that if I can get a lens for $1000.00 less than the name brand "pro" glass, and still get "pro" sharpness, color, and contrast...well...duh!

The second "junk" theme are the photos. I discovered a cool "mini" junk yard right in downtown Newton. It had about six or seven old junkers, mostly Chevys. A gold mine of color, textures, lines, and rust. And one stray cat that scared the %^&$ out of me when I disturbed its nap in the sun. A few other shots of small details in the alleys and buildings, and I'm convinced that I should not be shamed with the Sigma on the camera.






---Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment